Sunday, December 04, 2011

Churro Love.

Before today I'd never had a Churro. They were always something that I'd wanted to try but since I live in England, they're pretty unheard of and/or nobody sells them around where I live, so when I saw the teeny stand down one street in the Christmas Fayre I literally JUMPED (and squealed) at the chance to have some!!
A possible theory?
The man behind the stall was lovely enough to let me take photo's whilst I was being mesmerised by the machine which looked like it was pooping the dough into the hot oil..
Le Churro Pooper
He even posed with them whilst he drained off the oil but unfortunately the images came out blurry :(
When I finally paid and was handed the plate, I actually squealed causing a few customers behind to start giggling at me...
With Cinnamon Sugar on top!!
My current cinnamon obsession of late was being satisfied AGAIN, with the sheer amount of Cinnamon Sugar dumped on top and then pairing that with the slightly-crunchy/hot/sweet dough of the Churros. Phwoah!!!! I was in sweet, sweet, oily heaven! (Even though I only managed to have 2 since my parents couldn't control themselves and stole the rest!)

My verdict? If you ever [.. And I mean EVER..] get the chance to grab some of these then do it. I guarantee that you'll love them!

No comments: